There are important functions that must be followed before, during and after every outing:
* Inspect the raw water intake water strainer for blockage. If there is blockage, also check the transmission cooler (where equipped).
* Check and clean as necessary the seacock strainer.
* Check the cooling system level. See the Ilmor Engine owner’s manual for details.
* Inspect the battery connections and hold-downs.
* Inspect the drive train for loose or missing hardware.
* Inspect the throttle and shift cables for kinks, wear and interference with other components.
* Inspect the propeller shaft log for excessive water entry.
* Inspect the fuel system lines and connections for leaks.
* Check for water leaks or excessive exhaust odor.
* As you start the engine, check that the voltage reading registers a fully charged battery.